12 September 2008

UEFA 028 – Ni Aiwa

The gleaming smiles of the Switzerland


UEFA 028 – Ni Aiwa

In UEFA 1994 visits to Europe, I had grown long hair. The religious values in me had worn out, due to some personal depression that I went through as I was approaching 40.


It all began when I foolishly gave up all religious activities, in order to spend more time with my children and their studies.

It became worst when I started making budgeting calculation of my salary and expenses. I realized that I had been spending all my salary for my family, i.e. 4-room HDB flat in Tampines, wife and 3 daughters.



I was unhappy and my wild thoughts provoked me with the unfair treatment I treated myself.

“You should spend some money for yourself!!”
the devil whispered loudly in my ears.


I was seduced by the whispers. I bought an AIWA mini compo Hi-Fi set with CD player and cassette tape player and recorder and also an AIWA walkman with stereo earphones.



When alone At home I would play my favorite songs to a high volume to enjoy the sense-surround bass reflex. Away, I would plug my ears with my favorite songs via the walkman.


The walkman and my favorite musical tape albums followed me to Europe. Some of albums were Collection of M Nasir, Search & Wings, Ella, Cliff Richards, Engelbert & Tom Jones. Latest was Ella USA. I would listened to her almost every other day.


This Malay composer was born in Singapore and became successful song producer, writer, composer, who wrote original Malay songs with strong adherence to Malay culture.

While the album Rampage by a rock band Search, who follow the music genre of Scorpion for ballads and Mettalica for heavy metal.

What I like about them and other albums, is because they contained some religious values if you are to reflect deeply in the lyrics. I leave that to you to find out. I found my path and solace and they finally hold my hands to come kneeling to ALLAH, The Absolute ONE.



I gave away a football album of our Lion football team to Zimmermann, and, another album 'Saudagar Mimpi' by Malay composer M Nasir to Mr Aerni, as he sometimes performed with his band in weekend functions.


From here onwards, I would like my family to understand my passion for writing the Truth. This is not to display the dirty side of me, but, for everyone to reflect on the disadvantages of travelling, especially alone. Please do not follow this bad lifestyle of me, of which I had repented. I am writing it here to caution my children, relatives and friends to be mindful of today's challenges living as a faithful servants of GOD. There are too many seductions out there in this worldly life. Beware and becareful about their fatal attractions.



Coming along with the long hair and my Aiwa, was a little naughty side of me. With a sudden flirtatious character, I easily had conversations with the pretty Swiss girls. I found the courage I lost in 1986 trip. My shyness and religious discipline crumbled into the Swiss see.



The Swiss girls are very friendly and flirtatious too. A girl in a pharmacy proudly said that she had been to Singapore and that she liked Singaporean. We had quite a long chat from weather to hobbies. She spoke fluent English. Luckily, I was not entangled further into any complicated affair, until it was time for me to leave Heerbrugg for Paris.




449 words

Drafted on 07.04.2007

Edited on 03.05.2007 at 0042hrs

At Woodlands Avenue 5

No comments:

Post a Comment