08 July 2008

UEFA 023 – St Moritz



On the first Saturday, I planned to go to St Moritz. I checked at the Heerbrugg train station and bought a ticket to and from St Moritz, which is valid for a few days. That means I can take my sweet time up to St Moritz. The fare system is such that you are free to stop anywhere along the way, stay overnight somewhere, and then continue the journey the next day.


I took the train from Heerbrugg southwards to Chur. I stopped for a while in Chur to look around and survey the Bus Terminal which was high above the train station.


From Chur, I need to change to another train to St Moritz. This was a special train that was designed to climb steeper rail tracks up along the mountain side of the Swiss Alps.



Along the way, the train meandered above fast flowing streams, which still had traces of snow on its sides, though it was already in the spring time of April. The breathtaking view of villages, bridges and mountains put me glued to the window. Of course the train did go through long tunnels in the depth of the Swiss Alps.



St Moritz was really enchantingly beautiful. I am unable to describe it.I will try to sent you the pictures separately, and suggest you take a look at the pictures yourselves.



I walked for about 1 km from St Moritz train station, went around the lake and reached to the foothills where there was still plenty of frozen snow. I managed to get a passerby to record my first encounter with the snow.

The sun was hot. Therefore, the snow was already melting, especially where they meet the water in the lake. I plunged my foot a few times in the melting snow. I realized later that, it could very dangerous to walk along melting snow; I could have plundered into a deep hole and became history.











With that realization, fear and worst still, I was all alone by myself in that dangerous area, I walked back to the train station. From far, I could see the beautiful view of one of the most famous winter resort town in Switzerland, St Moritz.













There were many other tourists. I managed to ask an Italian lady to take a few of my shots in St Moritz, before leaving for Heerbrugg.
=========TO BE CONTINUED=========
400 words
Drafted on 07.04.2007
Edited on 03.05.2007 at 0018hrs
At Woodlands Avenue 5

No comments:

Post a Comment