28 June 2008

UEFA 022 – Schipol


This post is the continuation of the previous post UEFA 21 Datuk Adam.


Check it out.......!!!!


Way before that meeting in Paris, with my sister and wife, sometime in early April 1994, I flew to Schipol Airport in Amsterdam. It was only a stop over. So I immediately transit to Zurich. Although I did walkabout in Schipol Terminal building, I couldn’t remember any excitement. By the way, it was very early in the morning, probably 6:00 am.






Aerial view from Amsterdam to Zurich was enchanting. I could see the Rhine River meandering from Switzerland, thru Germany, right into the old town of Amsterdam and finally into the North Sea. The Rhine and The North Sea had witness many human intervention of history. It was almost similar to the human intervention of the automated legal requisition reply system in the road and rail system in my office.






Zurich to Heerbrugg was a familiar sight for me, as things did not change much in Switzerland. I went through Flughafen, Wintherthur, St Margrethen, Roschach, Au and finally Heerbrugg.





Hotel Heerbruggerhof was also still the same.









And I had the same Room No 17, facing the train station. Anne the Hotel owner was also the same nice lady. Her husband was also a familiar man. The only difference you would see and hear later in this series is the writer. I let you imagine first what changes could that had been.







This time around, I had to report to the factory on my own, as that was my second visit.
The training room, however, had changed to the red building. Before reporting to the Training Room, I went through the normal welcoming address by the Administration Officer. This time I was issued with tickets for free lunch at the Leica canteen.




The Training Room was at the ground level of the red building. My trainer was once again, Mr Jungker. He offered me his cunning smile and a hard handshake with a rigid grasp. I handed him the souvenir I got from Schipol airport. He didn’t seem to have aged despite after 8 years.

I have told you before, but I just feel like telling you again, that I was really amazed at their Training Room set-up and facilities.

I had a nice table with a pedestal drawer of tools and an anti-static work surface.
-359 words
-Drafted on 07.04.2007
-Edited on 03.05.2007 at 0018hrs
-At Woodlands Avenue 5

1 comment:

  1. Hi uncle!

    I really like to read your traveling adventures... it makes me want to explore the world myself when I'm older.

    Keep it up, and I'll see you soon in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete