28 June 2008

Kampong Sungai Limau

On Saturday, 7th June 2008, we drove up in convoi of 3 cars, from Hotel Istana in KL to Kampong Sungai Limau, at Sabak Bernam the northern most district in Selangor. My wife & I has an acquiantance there who was running a village small industry in producing & exporting dried bananas crepes.

His name is Encik Yatimi.

Early in the morning I was hosting a religous gathering and talk in my rooms. Before I could start there was a phone call from 2 Japanese tourists who wanted to visit Encik Yatimi's place.
They were my brother's wife schoolmates in Japan.

My brother who speaks fluent Japanese and his Japanese wife, guided them the way from KL, with my instructions.

Later, at about 1pm we heard that the 2 guys had arrived there. When we reached there at about 3pm, they were there waiting for us, despite the fact that they were rushing to KLIA airport that very evening to catch a flight to Japan.

Encik Yatimi gave us tradisional village lunch in his huge main hall. His house is the traditional architecture, and is about 2 metre above the ground. The whole house are made of wood.

After lunch we had a village tour to his neighbour and relative mango plantation. Here are some of the video clips.


No comments:

Post a Comment