18 January 2008

Tour of Duty 002 at Coronation.



















Hi, this is another of my tour of duty at Coronation Road on Friday, 11 Jan 2008. It was at around 4pm. I was earlier attending Friday prayer at Al-Falah Mosque where the sermon was delivered in English by a young Imam. The sermon was about the history of the Islamic Calendar. But I shall not discuss that now.

It was after the prayer at around 3pm that I began to ride with my Phantom chopper motorcycle to place of duty at Coronation Road. It was raining cats and dogs when I took off, but was hot and stuffy as I was approaching Coronation Road. I was sweating inside out.

Although there were some redevelopment going on around there, the scenery was still serene and the road was much peaceful than my tour of duty in the last posting at Angullia Park. It reminded me of the beautiful roads of London, Paris and Switzerland.

I found many survey marks and recorded the unpleasant sight by the road side table and the drain. The grass looked unkempt and the open drain can be hazardous to young children and cyclists.

3 comments:

  1. Roadside table? where?

    I will always remember how we used to play IN the drain of our old school. I think we could even fit to creep underneath it!! ERK!

    But yeah should be covered lah right.. but then if covered it would also mean difficult to clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls also played in the drain. I tot only boys do that???

    Did your school uniform got dirty?

    I guess NEA has got ways to clean covered drains. It is the latest design and rather one of the many requirements to be complied by all developers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed your first line.

    Roadside table means the piece of land from the road edge (road kerbline) to the wall, or fence of the houses along it.

    In the 2 middle photos the road side table is actually a drain and some unsightly grass-areas.

    If you look at the neighbouring houses, there are covered drain and well maintained grass-verge area.

    ReplyDelete