05 October 2008

006-5e Historical events on miraculous sleep for 300 years


Translation, Commentary & Explanation of Chapter 18 Al-Kahfi.
This is a continuation on the historical events related to the revelation of this Chapter 18.

Ibnu Mardawaih brought forward another hadis from Ibnu Abbas who narrated that when verse 25 of Chapter 18 was revealed which means;

"And they stayed in their cave three hundred."

the companions of the Prophet asked,
"O Messenger of ALLAH, is it 300 years or months?"
So ALLAH revealed the continuation of the verse as follows,
"years and add nine".

Ibnu Jarir brought forward another hadis via the chain of Adh Dhahak. And this same hadis was also brought forward by Ibnu Mardawaihfrom the chain of Ibnu Abbas who narrated that The Prophet uttered a vow. Then, only 40 nights later ALLAH sent down HIS revelation;

"And never say of anything,
'Certainly, I shall do that tomorrow.'
except, 'if God wills it'.
And remember your Lord.
When you forget, then say,
'May my Lord shows me nearer
to this Truth.'"

[Chapter 18 Al-Kahfi Verse 23-24]
My Note:
We have discussed this subject of 309 years in the previous posting
on the meaning of verse 23 & 24.
Please refer my previous older post.
Thank you for reading my post.
Please write to me your comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment